Pets Are Inn does require a $50 non-refundable and non-transferable per-pet deposit (1) for new clients, (2) new pets of existing clients, or (3) during our peak season dates, which can be applied to Visa or MasterCard. This deposit is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another reservation if you cancel. It is subtracted from your final bill. Please contact the office for peak season dates.
Cancellations and Reservation Changes:
Non-Peak Season Reservations:
New customers and new pets (for existing customer) will automatically forfeit their $50 deposit per pet if they cancel their reservation. Cancellation three business days or less of scheduled pickup results in a charge of 50% of the total reservation charge.
Peak Time Reservations:
There is a $50 per pet non-refundable and non-transferable deposit for each reservation during peak times. You will lose your deposit if you cancel. If the reservation is cancelled three business days or less of scheduled pickup, 100% of the total reservation cost will be assessed. Please check with the office for peak times. Last minute reservations during peak season: For less than three business days notice, there is a $10 administrative charge. A reservation with less than 24 hours notice will be assessed a $25 charge.
Changes in Reservations:
There is a $10 administrative charge if changes are made three business days or less from scheduled pick up or drop off. This also pertains to last minute time restrictions. If someone is not home as planned when we pick up or drop off, and we have to wait at the house (without a key or garage code), or if we have to come back, an additional charge will be assessed. A change with less than 24 hours notice will be assessed a $25 charge. This includes time restrictions placed on the pick up or drop off.
Boarding Rates (SW Minneapolis and River South Area Only)Daily boarding rates are determined by the weight of your (adult) dog, starting from $40/day. Cats are a standard of $25/day. Please ask about rates for small animals/exotics. We do charge in half-day increments if we are picking your pet up in the afternoon, or are returning them in the morning.
Possible Extra Fees:
- If your pet has special needs, an additional special needs daily rate may be assessed. Special needs may be determined over the course of your pets stay if we feel you have not properly disclosed the depth of special care your pet requires. Dogs over the age of 15 are automatically charged this rate, unless Ann approves a lower rate.
- If your dog is less than 18 months old, a $5 per day "puppy fee" will be assessed until they are more than 18 months.
- Insulin shots or other injections: we charge $5 per shot. For example, if your pet needs two shots a day, an additional $10 per day will be charged.
- Non-Neutered male dogs are charged an extra $3 per day
- Non-Spayed female dogs are charged an extra $5 per day if boarded during heat.
- Grooming: You will be charged for the grooming, plus an extra transportation fee.
Calculating an Estimate:
To calculate an estimate, first determine the boarding days. If you were boarding from Friday AM until Monday AM, for example, the boarding days are 3.5 (Three full days, Monday being a half-day charge).
Then, multiply that by your quoted boarding rate. A small dog at 20 lbs would be $40/day. (So, 3.5 x 40 = $140)
Then, add the quoted Round-Trip transportation cost. Here, we'll say $42.50 (140 + 42.50 = $182.50)
This value is the Sub Total. There will also be tax added to the final cost. If you have made a deposit (for peak season dates or new clients) then you would subtract that from the final cost.