Valentine's Day Easy DIY Dog Treats
In honor of Valentine's Day, which is usually a day for chocolate, we decided to post a recipe for a treat that your chocolate-intolerant pets can enjoy! These also make great protein-packed treats for humans!
For this easy DIY recipe you'll need:
- Heart shaped ice tray (or any ice tray)
- Peanut Butter (make sure it does not contain the sweetener Xylitol!)
- Plain organic Greek yogurt
These dog treats are frozen - so you can make large batches to store for a long time! Frozen treats also tend to take pups longer to consume, which means they distract them for a longer time!
1. Spoon a small amount of peanut butter into the base of the ice tray. To make this a bit easier, you can heat it up a little to soften it. The more you add, the thicker the top layer on the treats will appear. You can play around with different amounts to get different results.
2. Next up, dollop heaping spoonfuls of the yogurt to cover the peanut butter in each mold.
3. Press yogurt down into the molds using the back of your spoon to make sure they're packed. This will help seal the peanut butter and yogurt together in the final treat. You can even gently "drop" the tray a few times in order to encourage further settling. If you have excess yogurt in any of the molds, gently scoop away until level with mold.
4. Put trays into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
5. Once frozen, remove tray and pop out individual frozen treats — voila! Enjoy!
You could easily change things up by layering in more of your pup's favorite ingredients, like the crushed up dog treats or even oatmeal.
Source: 17 Apart